How To Lose Baby Belly After Six Months Of Delivery?
A woman’s body will undergo many changes during pregnancy. One noticeable change is the belly’s expansion as the month progresses. Many hormonal changes occur during and after pregnancy, and this hormone change may or may not affect an expecting mother’s overall health. Most women will typically increase their weight during pregnancy due to the enlargement of the uterus, breasts, and hips.
The pregnant woman’s belly consists of a fetus or baby, an amniotic sac with amniotic fluid, an umbilical cord, blood, and placenta, all contributing to the pregnancy’s increasing weight. But being pregnant is not a reason not to stay healthy; doctors recommend some physical movement or exercise during and after the pregnancy period as long as your body can do physical activities.
Losing a baby belly after pregnancy is challenging for most women, regardless of age. Having your focus shifted to your little one may cause you to overlook your wellness during these critical times of nurturing your infant.
Losing weight begins when you give birth. After a few days, exercising after a straightforward vaginal delivery is usually safe. But suppose you have a cesarean section. You may need to ask your physician for the safest start to your physical activity, as C-sections may require more prolonged healing than vaginal delivery.
(Disclaimer: Remember that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try to keep things fair and balanced to help you make the best choice.)
Here are six helpful tips to lose a baby belly after delivery.
Breastfeeding is essential for your baby’s nourishment and supports the infant’s health protection. It can also help you lose your baby’s belly after delivery and prevent possible chronic diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, and even breast cancer. Breastfeeding will use up your body’s stored fat cells and the calories you consume, leading you to shed pounds. Eating 300–500 extra calories during lactation is essential to your milk production and the proper nourishment of the baby.
Losing weight during pregnancy takes about six to nine months, depending on your food choices and physical activities. Therefore, it is vital to consider healthy options for your meal, snacks, and even beverages. Go for more greens and whole-grain options as it is beneficial for better nourishment of your baby while supporting your weight loss plan.
Free Shipping on Orders Over $29
#2. Postpartum Exercise.
Starting an exercise program after a few days of recovery after vaginal delivery is usually safe, assuming you can exercise movements without any complications. Compared to moms who underwent a C-section, they may take longer to wait and recuperate before they can do anything for exercise.
Usually, the waiting period for healing the C-section wound may take up to six weeks. Still, it is always best to consult your OBGYN practitioner about the proper time to begin your physical activity. Some wounds may heal longer than expected, particularly in the incision region.
Free Shipping on Orders Over $29
Lose Baby Belly After Delivery: Recommended exercises after C-section:
#2.1 Breathing Exercise.
This exercise will allow you to relax your muscles and train your core muscles to work by:
- Laying comfortably on a flat surface while placing your hand on your belly.
- Breathe in slowly and relax your abdominal muscles.
- Slowly breathe out as you pull your abdominal muscles.
- Squeeze your pelvic muscles as you do the breathing.
- Slowly hold your abdominal and pelvic floor muscles for at least 10 seconds before releasing.
- Recommend doing this for ten times repetition.
Lose Baby Belly After Delivery with the BEST SELLER Yoga Mat Set!
#2.2 Pelvic Floor Muscle Exercise.
Kegel exercise, also called pelvic floor muscle exercise, is essential in various ways. This type of activity can help you improve the issues of incontinence. Incontinence is your muscle and nerve’s inability to control the bladder and bowel movement due to pregnancy, menopause, and chronic conditions. Kegel can help recovery from childbirth and prevent pelvic organ prolapse (POP), caused by prolonged physical work, delivery, menopausal effects, and obesity. Regular kegel exercise can strengthen the pelvic floor muscle. It can also improve sexual arousal and aid in overall fitness. It is essential to losing baby belly after delivery to avoid the added factor of weakening the pelvic muscle when you are gaining excessive weight.
#2.3 Wall Squat Exercise.
Wall squat, also known as the wall sit. It is an exercise to strengthen the glutes, the front of the thighs, abdominal muscles, and calves. Wall squat exercise benefits your goal to lose baby belly after delivery since it burns many calories. Repeating a wall sit for at least 15 seconds will raise your heart rate, resulting in more calories burned. It will boost your metabolic rate and improves your heart health.
Another essential benefit of wall sit exercise is that it works your entire lower body. It is not about building muscle mass but increases your muscular endurance by holding a wall squat for extended periods.
#2.4 Cesarean Delivery Scar Massage.
For moms who underwent a cesarean section delivery, a C-section scar massage is essential for alleviating wound pain while enhancing mood. C-section delivery takes a long time in terms of recuperation compared to vaginal delivery. To lose baby belly after delivery on C-section delivery is not advisable to start at the earliest time, at least not until after 12 weeks of recovery or depending on what your OBGYN advises you to do.
Consider a delivery postpartum scar massage to speed up healing, but always consult your doctor at all times. Some women with complicated blood clots during pregnancy may not recommend a massage until it is safe to resume otherwise. In this case, look for other means of exercise that are safely recommended to lose baby belly after pregnancy.
Here are some benefits of postpartum massage:
- Postpartum massage reduces the swelling for most mothers that swells during labor. The massage can help circulation and eliminates excess fluids.
- Massage can help boost deep sleep and promote the body’s relaxed mood, as new moms will be deprived of most of their sleep for a few months.
- Postpartum massage can improve the flow of milk. Suckling and breast massage can release oxytocin and prolactin that increase milk production, based on a 1994 study.
- Postpartum depression is an expected experience by some new moms. A massage can alleviate the feeling of anxiety and depressed mood.
#2.5 Leg Slide Exercise.
Leg slide exercise is one way to tone your leg and abdominal muscles. This exercise aims to restore the waistline and improve blood circulation. Leg slide will also strengthen hip and thigh muscles.
#3. Eat High Fiber and Protein Foods.
Eating the right foods packed with nutrients is vital to the baby’s and mom’s health, especially with new lactating mothers. Constipation is common in pregnancy, and sometimes it can be experienced even post-partum. New moms need fiber-rich foods to lose baby bellies after delivery while resolving bowel movement issues.
Related article: 10 Foods Rich In Potassium And Why We Need Them.
Some foods that are rich in fiber and help you to lose baby belly after delivery fast are the following:
- Okra– is a known nutritional food for prenatal support, reducing the risk of neural tube defect during the early stage of pregnancy, and is highly effective in resolving constipation issues. One of the many excellent benefits of okra is reducing cholesterol levels and aiding in weight loss.
- Salmon is an excellent omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants source and contains DHA. DHA can be found in breast milk, but it is higher in women who consume salmon. The DHA found in salmon can also boost a happy mood and reduce postpartum depression. However, Salmon and any fish should be eaten moderately to avoid absorbing mercury, which harms your child’s health. It is recommended only to consume 12 ounces of salmon per week.
Related article: 10 Protein Rich Foods That You Should Be Eating.
- Fruits and Vegetables– are other rich fiber foods that can help lose weight after pregnancy fast. Fruits like blueberries and oranges are packed with vitamins and minerals that can give the needed carbohydrates to fuel energy for lactating moms. Green leafy vegetables like spinach can boost milk production and be an antioxidant, increasing a better mood while maintaining your skin’s health.
- Consume low-fat dairy in your diet. Low-fat dairies like yogurt, low-fat milk, and cheese are good vitamin-D sources regulating the amount of calcium, essential for bone strengthening. Lactating mothers must consume this food to benefit the child’s bone development.
Related article: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Eating Okra.
#4. Calculate or Monitor Calorie Intake.
To lose baby belly after delivery is necessary for many health reasons. Keeping an eye on your food choices and being vigilant about what you put in your mouth is essential to your and your baby’s well-being.
An additional 600 to 800 calories per day is needed for breastfeeding moms as the infant requires extra nutrients for proper and healthy growth development. While incorporating healthy fats in your diet, such as omega-3 fats, avocado, nuts, olive oil, salmon, and flaxseed oil, are the foods that reduce abdominal fat and support losing baby belly after delivery.
Related article: 5 Important Ways To Get Rid Of A Bloated Stomach.
>>BELOW IS THE CALORIE CALCULATOR YOU CAN USE FOR YOUR WEIGHT GOAL<<[cal_calc title=”CALCULATE YOUR OPTIMAL CALORIES” unit=”i” res=”” color1=”#325878″ color2=”#4989BE”]
#5. Avoid Sugary Foods.
It is common for a new mom to experience sleep deprivation, especially when breastfeeding her infant. She has to get up multiple times to feed the baby and care for all the infant’s needs. Because of these changes and unusual sleep patterns for a new mom, the tendencies of food cravings are mostly high while the moods are down. The decision of picking the right foods to eat is sometimes entirely off. It is typical for a tired mom to crave sugary foods and go for unhealthy food options to satisfy the cravings and feel a sense of bliss.
To lose baby’s belly after delivery with the heightened cravings for sugary foods may be difficult to control without strong motivation and a proper meal plan to follow.
Avoid sugary food as possible during your critical times of breastfeeding because an uncontrolled diet may cause weight gain, leading to other health issues. Store nutritious food in your fridge and pick fruits, yogurt, and nuts for your snack to stay on track with your postpartum weight loss. If your cravings for sugary food are heightened, go for dark chocolate, which benefits your body as a mood booster, and cocoa content will also help you lose your baby belly after delivery.
As a new mom, balancing her health and responsibilities is vital. Taking care of your newborn baby is indeed on top of your list. However, your health and well-being should also be a priority. Your goal to get back in shape and to lose baby belly after delivery is highly attainable with a proper meal plan in place, doing recommended daily exercises, watching the right amount and type of food to eat, avoiding sugary foods, and going more on fiber and the healthy option is an excellent means to get back to your pre-baby shape in less than a year.
TOP PICKS FROM AMAZON